Run with us!
Brisbane’s oldest sporting club, located in South East Brisbane. Helping people achieve their goals in personal fitness, athletics, or cross country.
Thompson Estate and Eastern Suburbs Athletics (TEES) is a well-established Brisbane athletics and cross country running club. It is Brisbane’s oldest sporting club with continuous service to the community since 1900.
Free training and keep fit sessions.
Coaching and general fitness sessions are free for members – membership starts at $40 per annum (The club gets nearly $15 of that and Queensland Athletics $25). For non members it’s free for your first 2 sessions and $5 per session after that. To become a member sign up here (Select the registration type “QA/Thompson Estate Base Membership – $40.00”).
Ages range from Juniors to Masters, and any ability. It’s a lot cheaper than joining a local gym and running is a great way to build muscle and burn fat. Come and give it a try, you don’t need to be an Olympic athlete to join in. Abilities range from people just wanting to do a bit of exercise upwards.
Benefits of TEES Membership:
- Free training sessions by qualified coaches
- Use our running track with all the usual athletics equipment including high quality floodlights for night time training
- Make friends with runners of all abilities and ages
- Bring the whole family (Especially Monday night when we have a kids group, distance group and a sprint group)
- New shower and toilet facilities
- To enter many Queensland Athletics competition events you need to be a member of a QA club. TEES is fully affiliated with QA.
- Standard QA insurance cover
And if that’s not enough we also do:
- Bushwalks (TEES Bushwhackers)
- Running event teams eg Brisbane Marathon, Gold Coast Marathon, Sunshine Coast Marathon, Maidenwell Running Festival, Womens Day run, BridgeToBrisbane, trail events, swimming/triathlons…
- We often volunteer at our local ParkRuns and provide pace runners when we can